When construction contractors find asbestos or other hazardous materials on a project site, it brings all work to a halt, which wastes time and money.
Through our work with various other contractors in the Western New York area, Oneida witnessed the need for a specialized subcontractor with not only experience in environmental abatement, but also the certifications to handle it safely.
Enter Oneida’s Environmental Abatement Division. Also MBE and DBE certified, this division offers several different environmental abatement services including:
- Hazardous Wastes
- Site Remediation
Under the experienced eye of abatement expert John Land, our abatement services are conducted with the utmost care. We make sure all of our abatement experts have all the correct and up-to- date certifications and licenses required by state and federal agencies.
Oneida’s union workers can handle all types of jobs, from big to small, private to public. All our workers are all fully certified and licensed in all areas of environmental abatement.
On top of self-performing the abatement services, Oneida has an in-house Project Designer to handle all state and federal notifications as well as any New York State code variances.
Oneida has conducted environmental abatement at many projects throughout the Western New York region, including:
- Buffalo State College Science Center Building 15, Phase III
- Kaleida Health – DeGraff Memorial Hospital ADA Bathroom Renovation
- Civil Defense Building for the Niagara Falls Department of Public Works
- Various abatement jobs in the Williamsville Central School District
- Elevator expansion at the Buffalo & Erie County Public Library’s Central Library
in downtown Buffalo
- Baptist Manor nursing home in Buffalo
If you are a contractor in need of environmental abatement services, and are required to fulfill a MBE/DBE requirement in a state or county contract, please contact us at (716) 822-8205.